Monday, November 26, 2012

CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!

I know, it's still only November. But we put our tree up yesterday, and I'm enjoying (24/7) Francesca Battistelli's new CD, Christmas. It's so beautiful, perfect for the season, and also perfect for noveling music. Check it out sometime.





I also like her renditions of The Christmas Song and O Come, O Come Emmanuel, but I won't post those. Yet. xD

But, November is nearing an end. I haven't hit 50k yet --- just passed the 40,000 mark --- but I think I'm going to finish on time. Pretty sure, but not sure at the same time. Ick.

Anyway, I'm going to indulge myself once again and post another Snippet, because I can't stand myself. :)

 Suddenly, like a bolt of electricity almost jolted down her arm, Skylar reached out and placed a hand on Sierra’s shoulder. Sierra turned, surprised, a single tear running down her cheek.

            “Sometimes, doing the right thing is tough,” Skylar said sincerely, surprised the words were coming out of her mouth but believing them wholeheartedly. “But no matter how tough it is, you’ve always got to do the right thing. Always. No matter what.”

            Skylar sat down on the windowsill, trying to avoid swimming in dust. “I had to leave behind my best friend, too,” she said softly. “His name was --- is --- Wyatt. He was the only friend I’d ever known. He was the one who cared enough to give me an education in something other than thievery. But he was too afraid to leave Drew. Too afraid of what’s out there. Too afraid of the hundreds and hundreds of …”

            Skylar trailed off. Yeah, let’s leave off that assassin bit.

            Sierra leaned closer. “Hundreds and hundreds of what?” she asked quietly.

            Skylar cleared her throat. “Erm --- nothing, nothing at all. Breakfast?” she jumped to her feet and scrambled around in her utility belt looking for supplies.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Skylar...you just busted a sincere kodak moment!! How could you!?? xD Loved the snippet and I particularly like the name *Skylar* for some reason. Awesome. And yay for upcoming month of December!! (Hope you get that next 10k done in time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so, too, Cait :) Skylar has always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am VERY excited for Christmas. But Josh Groban's CD won't be out till February...and it always seems more Christmasy when one has a new CD of his to listen to. I must find him and speak to him about this...

    Aw, another great snippet!!! I am enjoying these so very much!

    ReplyDelete