Wednesday, November 21, 2012

aaaand....

It's ten days till the end of November.

EEEK.

So far, The Shadow Conspiracy has passed the 100 page mark (finally!), consists of 29,514 words (which will probably change in a few minutes), and is about 5 days behind schedule.

I must admit, when I pictured NaNoWriMo, I pictured a perfect little me, writing a perfect little novel, with a perfect little schedule in a perfect amount of days.

Pfft. Yeah right.

However, after I killed and buried my inner perfectionist, things started going pretty well. For someone who's behind. =)

But, in honor of me passing 100 pages (drinks all around! :P) here's a story segment. I'm becoming horribly impatient, waiting for Snippets, and if it doesn't arrive soon, I'm going to succumb to the urge and post all my paragraphs I've been hoarding.

 Leaping forward, she darted for the cottage. Cries of  “There she is! Stop her!” echoed from behind. Sierra was nearly at the cottage when she felt her legs fly out from under her, and her oof! was drowned out by a mouthful of earth.
            Before she could even protest, she felt cold iron handcuffs clamp onto her wrists and she was jerked to her feet. Spitting the mud out of her mouth, she turned to glare at her captor.
            The triumphant guard practically dragged her to his leader, like an energetic puppy retrieving animals for his master. “I’ve got her, sir! I’ve got her!”
            The leader dismounted, a prideful smirk on his face. “Excellent work, soldier.” He reached out a hand and touched Sierra’s chin, turning her head right and left, as if admiring a prize he had won. Sierra was disgusted, and the man knew it. He chuckled.
            “You’re a feisty little one, aren’t you? Tell me --- why did you hop over the gate? Surely you know it is strictly forbidden.”
            Sierra looked  him defiantly in the eye and did not answer.
            The man shrugged. “Very well, have it your way. I do not care to know why you came, only that you will be adequately punished. You!”
            “Yes, General?” barked another footsoldier, hurrying over.
            “Take this girl to the Slave Warden and tell him I’ll be along in a few minutes to discuss price.” The general smiled viciously. “She’s a fine catch --- must be worth my month’s wages, at least. Take her away.”

3 comments:

  1. Always exciting when the protagonist gets flauted. Makes the reader go, "No! Give me more now!" :) Oo, you better start cramming words on page, Bekah!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Kicks the guard's in the shins.* How wude of them! Now I want to see how she escapes...or what happens next at least.
    Very exciting snippet!!!! Keep up the hard work! You can make it!

    ReplyDelete