Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Skylar

I thought that (more for my sake than yours) I should do a blog post about each of the triplets from The Shadow Conspiracy --- their personalities, likes, dislikes, etc. I decided I'd start with Skylar, because I'm writing from her perspective today. :)


So. Where to start? Skylar is probably the most complicated main character I've got. I can't even find a proper picture to do her justice (though the one above comes pretty close). She has a broken past and absolutely no childhood whatsoever. She's never played with toys. She's never had time for toys really. From a young age, all she'd been focusing on is stealing.

It's not her fault, of course. Despite having no firm father or mother figure, she still has morals that aren't completely screwed up. She was forced to steal, raid, and trespass at the command of the leader of the group of thieves she was bound to --- Drew Sebastian. A lazy lump of a man, with a heart that has rotted over the years. 


Her favorite tool? Or tools? Her utility belt, which carries all sorts of technology far advanced beyond her day and age (which is the future world, if you didn't get the memo). It never leaves her, even when she sleeps. She doesn't allow it to leave her sight. It's too precious. 

Being trained since she was three, she is a gymnast/karate master/assassin and she knows at least a dozen ways to knock you out/kill you with only a pencil or a credit card. But she doesn't like to brag. Despite her background, she's quiet and gentle with those she loves. But don't cross her --- like a mama bear protects her cubs, Skylar is fierce to protect the people she cares about. And, goodness, she certainly could pull it off, easy.


Character Inspiration
  • Black Widow, from the Avengers
  • Tris, from Divergent
  • Corrie ten Boom from The Hiding Place




1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a character! I like how you compare her to other published characters (I do that too), and that's quite the mixture you have there. ;) I love her picture too. Tough but loving? Always awesome...

    ReplyDelete