Friday, June 15, 2012

100th page!

I completed my 100th page of Dakota Ryan today! :D It was set in Constantia, size 13. I hope to make the font Adobe Garamond if it gets published. But that's a long way away, if it is in the future at all. :) Here's a snippet:


The Box was glowing again. But this time Dakota could see white flames rising out of its depths, rising towards the tray. It washed over the tray like water, then receded, leaving something on the tray.
 
One neatly folded piece of paper.

Yeah, I know. You're probably thinking, "What's so special about a piece of paper?"

You'll find out.....eventually. :) Just know that this is a crucial part of the story, this scene and the three scenes before it.

P.S. As of now, I have 48,479 words. :D

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Congrats to you! 48k words is an amazing achievment. :) Keep it up. So how far through writing the book are you? Nearly there? Halfway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maddie!

    Cait, I'm not even 1/3 of the way finished. :) At this point in my story, they are about to leave on a search for the missing elf and centaur Allies. That will be the main portion of the book, so I'm only in the beginning still. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's good!! My first attempt at writing my book ENDED at 50k. Tho it's progressed dramatically since then... :D So way to go for your word count! Is this your "first" book??

      Delete
  3. :) Thanks! No, it's not my first book I've ever written, if that's what you mean...I once completed a hundred page novel that was very, very bad: the characters were all scatterbrained, the storyline was terrible, the writing was awful....you get the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete